P2P Packaging/Koji Cloud

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Dec 8 19:03:23 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-12-08 at 12:33 -0500, seth vidal wrote:

> I answered Denis immediately at the first post and he concurred it was
> a problem. I like to think the conversation evolved as we discussed.

It's probably not worth pursuing this much further, but I'd just note
that the specific sub-thread I replied to was not along these lines. It
was specifically about the use of 'random VMs' to form a cloud. The very
first line of quoted text in my mail is:

> > On 12/07/2011 01:25 PM, seth vidal wrote:
> >
> > > If I were going to use random vm's I'd want to:

In general, I'd suggest that if someone 'misunderstands' what you're
talking about, it's worth considering the possibility that perhaps the
discussion was not as straightforward as you thought, and the
'misunderstanding' is as much on your part as the other person's,
instead of firing off a mail filled with lines like "I don't think you
understand", "I don't think you understand where the insecurity is in
the system", "No one has EVER seriously considered a random person's VM.
ever." (clearly not accurate, if you follow the context of my post), and
"do you understand now?", essentially telling me I'm being an idiot and
to pay closer attention.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey