Summary/Minutes from today's FESCO meeting (2011-12-12 at 1800 UTC)

Tom Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Mon Dec 12 21:46:05 UTC 2011

On 12/12/2011 04:22 PM, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> So I think for me, lookaside isn't there to separate data from upstream from
> data generated by Fedora -- it's there to supplement the SCM when a file is
> not suitable for direct inclusion into the SCM.

I agree, and the tooling we're building into the Fedora Packager webapp
assumes that patches live in git, not in the lookaside. (To be fair, its
not the end of the world if this isn't happening on a specific package,
but it does mean that Fedora Packager won't know about those patches in
the lookaside, nor is there a sane way to reliably account for them.)

There are any number of ways to distinguish upstream provided patches
from Fedora-local patches, I just don't think the lookaside is the best
way, with the possible exception of big compressed patchsets (e.g.
patch-3.2-rc5.xz for kernel).

~tom

==
Fedora Project