Fedora 16 for IBM System z 64bit official release

Dan Horák dan at danny.cz
Thu Dec 15 11:02:34 UTC 2011

There was still a longer delay after the Fedora 16 release for the
primary architectures than we would like to see, but at least we are
faster than with Fedora 15 and so here we are.

As today, the Fedora IBM System z (s390x) Secondary Arch team proudly
presents the Fedora 16 for IBM System z 64bit official release!

The links to the actual release are here:

http://secondary.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora-secondary/releases/16/Fedora/s390x/

http://secondary.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora-secondary/releases/16/Everything/s390x/os/

and obviously on all mirrors that mirror the secondary arch content.

The first directory contains the normal installation trees as well as
one DVD ISO with the complete release.

Everything as usual contains, well, everything. :)

Additional information about known issues, the current progress and state
for future release, where and how the team can be reached and just
anything else IBM System z on Fedora related can be found here:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Architectures/s390x/16
for architecture specific release notes

and

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Architectures/s390x
for the general information.

Thanks go out to everyone involved in making this happen!

Your Fedora/s390x Maintainers

--
Dan Horák, RHCE
Senior Software Engineer, BaseOS

Red Hat Czech s.r.o., Purkyňova 99, 612 45 Brno