mattia.verga at tiscali.it
Fri Dec 23 16:26:48 UTC 2011
Thank you Hans for your precise suggestions!
I will follow them and I will try to contact the maintainer (and the
co-maintainer that already exist) directly by email. This is not an
urgent update, it doesn't fix any security issue in current package, and
with Christmas holidays in the next days I will wait some more days to
have a response from the current maintainer before acting as the
"Policy_for_nonresponsive_package_maintainers " says.
I will also take note of your email for being reviewed and sponsored
when time will come!
Thank you again
Il 23/12/2011 11:36, Hans de Goede ha scritto:
> On 12/20/2011 11:06 PM, Mattia Verga wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> my name is Mattia Verga, I live in Italy, and even if I don't work in
>> the IT sector (I work for a telephone company) I would be glad to
>> become a Fedora contributor.
>> My experience in Fedora started with Fedora Core 1 (even before I
>> occasionally used Red Hat) and from Fedora Core 3 I completely
>> switched from Win to Linux. In the past I occasionally created some
>> rpm for self purpose, now I would like to contribute to maintain some
>> packages in the official repositories.
>> For my first try I upgraded an existing package because some months
>> after a newer stable release was available, the repos are still stuck
>> at the old one. Following the wiki on how to become maintainer, I
>> should create a review request, but I cannot because the package
>> already exist... however I would appreciate if anyone with spare time
>> can give a look to my .spec and .src.rpm to see if my modification to
>> make the newer version able to compile are in the right way of doing
>> things! ;-)
>> Instead of a review I opened a bug against the package to ask the
>> maintainer do the upgrade. The link is
> First of all welcome to the Fedora community!
> You did the right thing by creating a new package for skychart.
> Since skychart is already in Fedora things are slightly more complicated
> then simply following:
> As said following:
> Is more or less correct, but first you should follow:
> I believe you can consider the filing of bug 769454 as your first contact
> attempt the get in touch with the current skychart maintainer, it would
> be good to add a comment to the bug that you're invoking the
> nonresponsive package maintainer policy asap, and then another comment
> asking for a status update on the 27th. Also although this is not
> outlined in the policy, please try sending the maintainer a direct
> email. Things will be somewhat easier if we can get the current
> in the loop and make you a co-maintainer rather then having you
> takeover the package.
> Assuming you won't become a co-maintainer, then as outlined in:
> Once you've permission to take ownership of skychart it needs to be
> re-reviewed and you need to find someone to sponsor you. I'm a sponsor
> and I would be happy to sponsor you in this case. So if all contact
> attempts fail, please file a normal review bug for skychart as outlined
> And drop me a mail, then I'll review it and once any issues I may find
> are resolved I'll sponsor you.
More information about the devel