Printing issue in Fedora 16

Sérgio Basto sergio at serjux.com
Thu Dec 29 03:23:10 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-12-29 at 08:32 +0530, Kalpa Pathum Welivitigoda wrote:

> >> I put URI as paralle:/dev/lp0 and driver as Epson 24-pin recommended
> >> and now it is working.
> >
> > I just check and for the record I use :
> > parallel:/dev/lp0
> >

> yeah it's the same for me. But something I noticed is that when
> printing the font of the printer is changed from the default font.
> (The LED indicating the default font changes to some other font.) and
> the printout is not that clear also. This may be due the recommended
> 24-pin driver which may not be the exactly suitable driver for the
> printer.

I got the exact drive for mine printer, and yes could be a wrong drive.
For EPSON LQ 300, we don't have the drive for that exact model, but near models
normally are the same drive, with a little luck. I would try LQ 500 ,
570+ (because the +) , LQ-2550 (may be LQ-255 more or less) and or one model above.

Best regards :),

--
Sérgio M. B.