Results of a test mass rebuild of rawhide/x86_64 with?gcc-4.7.0-0.1.fc17

Jakub Jelinek jakub at redhat.com
Sat Dec 31 15:35:00 UTC 2011

On Sat, Dec 31, 2011 at 08:55:53AM -0600, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> if we plan to do a mass rebuild for gcc 4.7 we need to start it next week.

IMHO a mass rebuild is highly desirable, but (with the exception of
a few gcj/objc dependent packages not strictly required).  We still have
lots of *.fc15, and we even have some *.fc11 packages.
That said, why would it need to start next week?  Looking at the F15
schedule where a mass rebuild has been performed too on Feb, 7th or so,
the schedule milestones are the same.

I can put gcc-4.7.0-0.2.fc17 say mid next week into the buildroots,
but would strongly prefer to have it there for at least two weeks
of voluntary rebuilds, so that there is enough time to report bugs
and get them fixed, before a real mass rebuild starts.
So, if at all possible, I'd prefer the mass rebuild to start around January
19th or 20th.  That's still before Feature Submission Deadline and more than
three weeks before Alpha deadline.

	Jakub