Minutes/Summary from today's FESCo meeting (2011-02-02)

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 21:10:53 UTC 2011

On 02/02/2011 06:53 PM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> * #544 List of services that may start by default  (nirik, 18:12:54)
>    * LINK:http://fpaste.org/B18Y/    (nirik, 18:15:55)
>    * ACTION: mjg59 and notting will work on the list and sort thru it for
>      next time.  (nirik, 18:36:33)
>    * AGREED: we mostly like spot's draft and will look at the list next
>      time for exceptions that are needed.  (nirik, 18:36:55)

Just out of curiosity why is FESCO with the finger in this as in should
not the default simply be all services should be turned off by default
then it would be up to each SIG to decided which service they need/want
to be on for their target users?

For instance the Gnome Desktop SIG has different needs on which service
should be on than for example Server SIG like cups and avahi bluetooth
etc.. make no sense on server install but openssh does and visa versa
like openssh makes no sense being on a novice end users desktop install
etc.  so it comes logically to me atleast that the default simply should
be off and the SIG decide themselves what their needs are and turn on
the services for their target audience..

Does not FESCO act as an hindrance to SIG's work by deciding for them
which services they should turn on or off ?

JBG