Some thoughts on Audacious in Fedora

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 21:29:23 UTC 2011

On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 2:30 PM, Digimer <linux at alteeve.com> wrote:
> On 02/02/2011 01:32 PM, Digimer wrote:
>>>   http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/mschwendt/audacious-2.5/fedora-audacious-2.5.repo
>>>
>>> This is not only for users to take a sneak peek at Audacious 2.5 development,
>>> but also to emphasize that the dependency on 3rd party plugin packages can
>>> be problematic.
>>
>> Audacious refuses to load or play MP3s for me since a recent update
>> (Fedora 14 x86_64). I'm guessing this is the kind of problem you are
>> talking about? If so, I'll give this a shot and report my success or
>> lack thereof.
>
> I installed the audacious-related RPMs from your repo, but MP3s still
> fail to play with the decoder error.

Michael mentioned exactly that would happen.  2.5-alpha1 is not
compatible with older plugin versions.  You have a large variety of
plugins still built for 2.4.0 (which also don't work with 2.4.3).
Please read more carefully.

Also, <insert the usual message here about Fedora not supporting
various media codecs and needing to take those issues to the 3rd party
repos>.

josh