Rawhide x86_64: Xorg hang

Horst H. von Brand vonbrand at inf.utfsm.cl
Wed Feb 2 22:55:02 UTC 2011

Lately (for a week or so now) Xorg hangs at random (mostly doing something,
sometimes just while running gnome-screensaver). The mouse pointer still
moves (USB mouse ans touchpad), but not even caps-lock makes the LED
react. Once ctrl-alt-del made the mouse pointer just go away. Nothing
relevant in /var/log/messages or ~/.xsession-errors. This happened with two
different machines, both multicore x86_64 (intel CPUs).

Last time (today in the morning, before updates) I tried (and succeeded) to
ssh into the machine. "killall Xorg" had no effect, I had to turn it off
and on (other end of ssh is somewhat far away).
Casilla 110-V, Valparaiso, Chile 2340000       Fax:  +56 32 2797513