[Test-Announce] Fedora GNOME 3 Test Day #1 coming up tomorrow

John Reiser jreiser at bitwagon.com
Thu Feb 3 21:04:56 UTC 2011

On 02/03/2011 12:44 PM, Clemens Eisserer wrote:

>> Well, my Rawhide is still stuck with XFCE, because GNOME doesn't work.
>> Creating a fresh user account and logging in starts lots of GNOME related
>> processes, but ends with an empty screen with blue background and a
>> movable mouse pointer. Any ideas on that?
>
> Unfourtuanty I don't have a solution or workarroun,
> however Iam stuck with the same problem :/

I was able to compose a DVD of today's rawhide using pungi.
I was able to install it by: Customize Now, delete package 'gnote'
from GNOME packages; proceed.
I got stuck at firstboot because the X server did not start.
[It has worked in various previous F15 rawhides.]
In the meantime I'm trying the special TestDay .isos:
http://adamwill.fedorapeople.org/gnome3_test_day_20110203/gnome3_test_20110203.iso
http://adamwill.fedorapeople.org/gnome3_test_day_20110203/gnome3_test_20110203_i686.iso