rawhide woes

John Reiser jreiser at bitwagon.com
Fri Feb 4 17:38:15 UTC 2011

> Recent install media can be found at:
>
> http://alt.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/stage/15-Alpha.TC1/Fedora/x86_64/iso/
>
> in particular a working netinst.iso.

That's now more than one week old, which is too old to be useful
for testing the install process and "out of the box" experience.

>>  then disable firstboot by editing /etc/rc.d/init.d/firstboot and inserting "exit 0".
>
> A more standard procedure in this case is
>
> $ chkconfig firstboot off

Turning off firstboot via chkconfig does not work.
firstboot must run [once] and succeed.  If not, then firstboot will continue
to be invoked on every boot until it "succeeds" (process return code 0).

I booted to single-user mode, ran "chkconfig firstboot off", and resumed
booting.  firstboot still ran (and still failed because interlock with
X11 server does not work.)