[Test-Announce] Fedora GNOME 3 Test Day #1 coming up tomorrow

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 21:16:20 UTC 2011

On Fri, 4 Feb 2011 21:09:41 +0100, Christoph wrote:

> > * At the graphical login screen, I cannot log in. I did the useradd
> > manually, and it appears as an empty entry to click on. Authentication
> > fails. Cursor doesn't show any asterisk characters either when typing
> > in the passphrase.
>
> The entry is empty because you did not provide a full name to useradd.

I know that, just didn't mention it. IMO, it's a usability bug if the
login manager isn't clever enough to fall back to the username.

> Click other user, enter username, then password and you are done. This
> also works when the user list is empty which happens randomly. ~C

As mentioned on test-list, keyboard input in X doesn't work for me at all.
Hence I cannot enter anything. Not in GNOME and not in XFCE either.
I *would* have tested the snapshot a bit, but so far I can't. The
GNOME Shell is strange, btw. The names below the various icons are
truncated with "...", and not even moving the mouse over them expands
them.