boost 1.46.0

Petr Machata pmachata at redhat.com
Fri Feb 4 23:38:19 UTC 2011

04.02.2011 21:10, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> Could we please either have boost.m4 packaged in Fedora, or at least
> changes for running with the latest boost in Fedora integrated upstream?

What you are hitting here seems more related to gcc or binutils change.
  For some reason g++ -R isn't valid anymore.  Passing this as g++
-Wl,-R fixes the problem (or at least works around it).  FWIW I don't
see -R in gcc manual on F14, must have been obsolete for a bit already.

Later in the build and throughout it hits a problem in libsigc++, which
doesn't #include <cstddef>.  You will need to do that including yourself
before it's fixed in libsigc++.

Yet later in the build it hits the problem with boost::filesystem that I
talked about in another thread earlier today.  Building against v2 works
around this.

Finally the build passes, except rpmbuild complains that two files are
not available:

/builddir/build/BUILDROOT/gnote-0.7.3-5.fc15.x86_64/usr/libexec/gnote-applet

/builddir/build/BUILDROOT/gnote-0.7.3-5.fc15.x86_64/usr/lib64/bonobo/servers/GNOME_GnoteApplet.server

Could that be related to --disable-applet that you added recently?

I'm attaching a patch that addresses the points above, except the last one.

Hope this helps,
PM