[Test-Announce] Fedora GNOME 3 Test Day #1 coming up tomorrow

Bastien Nocera bnocera at redhat.com
Mon Feb 7 14:48:25 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-02-04 at 22:16 +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Fri, 4 Feb 2011 21:09:41 +0100, Christoph wrote:
>
> > > * At the graphical login screen, I cannot log in. I did the useradd
> > > manually, and it appears as an empty entry to click on. Authentication
> > > fails. Cursor doesn't show any asterisk characters either when typing
> > > in the passphrase.
> >
> > The entry is empty because you did not provide a full name to useradd.
>
> I know that, just didn't mention it. IMO, it's a usability bug if the
> login manager isn't clever enough to fall back to the username.

File a bug about that, against gdm.

> > Click other user, enter username, then password and you are done. This
> > also works when the user list is empty which happens randomly. ~C
>
> As mentioned on test-list, keyboard input in X doesn't work for me at all.

There were ibus and at-spi2-atk bugs. Remove those packages and text
input will work again.

The at-spi2-atk bugs are fixed upstream, and I believe the ibus ones are
already fixed in rawhide.

> Hence I cannot enter anything. Not in GNOME and not in XFCE either.
> I *would* have tested the snapshot a bit, but so far I can't. The
> GNOME Shell is strange, btw. The names below the various icons are
> truncated with "...", and not even moving the mouse over them expands
> them.

There's a bug about that. See my blog post:
http://www.hadess.net/2011/02/gnome-3-test-day.html

Cheers