NetworkManager doesn't start on boot

Lennart Poettering mzerqung at 0pointer.de
Tue Feb 8 10:27:24 UTC 2011

On Tue, 08.02.11 05:18, Jon Masters (jonathan at jonmasters.org) wrote:

> On Tue, 2011-02-08 at 11:04 +0100, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> > On Tue, 08.02.11 04:44, Braden McDaniel (braden at endoframe.com) wrote:
>
> > > I'm not sure whether "1" means it is or it isn't; but
> > > system-config-services claims it's enabled.
> >
> > s-c-s only covers sysv services. We probably should deprecate it or at
> > least add a bit of code to point out that whether a service is on or off
> > in sysv is ignored for native systemd services.
>
> What utility are you recommending to replace it?

Well, systemadm does some of this stuff, but doesn't really do
enabling/disabling of services, and also needs some love.

I guess my answer is to use "systemctl enable foo.service" and
"systemctl disable foo.service" until somebody comes up with an UI for
this (if one is actually needed).

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.