incompatible screen update

Tomas Mraz tmraz at redhat.com
Tue Feb 8 14:33:08 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-02-08 at 14:28 +0000, Martin Dengler wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 08, 2011 at 03:05:03PM +0100, Tomas Mraz wrote:
> > [Let's] not to try to enforce rules such as no user process left
> > after logout blindly on all systems.
>
> Not that I disagree with your statement (I tend to agree) in general,
> but how is "screen is running but detached" morally equivalent to
> "logout"?

That's just a "philosophical" question. For example if you detach screen
you are dropped to the original session and you really logout out of it.
And you are not really connected to the detached screen - it is detached
because noone is attached to it isn't it? :) So it is definitely not a
live login session because noone can interact with it unless he opens a
real session and runs a screen to reattach it.

--
Tomas Mraz
                                              Turkish proverb