mass rebuild status

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 01:00:44 UTC 2011

On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 7:23 PM, Dennis Gilmore <dennis at ausil.us> wrote:
> so the mass rebuild is 24 hours in we have completed ~45% of the builds and
> are at 365 packages failed to build the total number of builds in the mass
> rebuild is 10404 we are churning along nicely. i expect to complete the first
> pass sometime in the next 24 hours. so far i think its going pretty well
>
> some web pages to look at http://ausil.fedorapeople.org/rebuild.html and
> http://ausil.fedorapeople.org/failed.html these 2 pages are updated ~ every 10
> minutes. Please drop into #fedora-devel on freenode if you have any questions.

I believe this wiki page should have been included in the announce mail:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_15_Mass_Rebuild

For those that don't particularly follow devel day-to-day, the blurb
about the XZ change is pretty uninformative.  I've tried to dig back a
bit and it seems the XZ change is to pick up XZ 5.0.  It seems the
rebuild was done to fix Delta RPM generation?  From a package
standpoint, will that mean that F14 is incapable of reading F15 RPMs?
Does that impact mock?

I'd be happy to flesh out the change a bit more in detail if someone
could point me at what is really changing in terms of XZ compression
and what it means going forward.  Better late than never.

josh