incompatible screen update

Lennart Poettering mzerqung at 0pointer.de
Wed Feb 9 10:09:40 UTC 2011

On Wed, 09.02.11 10:33, Nicolas Mailhot (nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net) wrote:

> Le Mar 8 février 2011 15:05, Tomas Mraz a écrit :
>
> > I think much more reasonable is to just accept the fact that it might be
> > very reasonable and desirable on some multiuser system to allow users
> > having background processes that can keep running even after the user
> > logs out and not to try to enforce rules such as no user process left
> > after logout blindly on all systems.
>
> +1
>
> It's kind of ironic that our main UI (gnome3) is changing to be more
> video-appliance-like, but at the same time we've been killing all the bits
> like background processes that would have made it a good appliance fit (see
> also freedombox).

Jeez, man. Stop this nonsense. What you are doing is not helpful.

Nobody is killing anything. It's just a feature request people have
asked for. And it's optional. And it will not stop being an option.

Mails like this one of yours is why so many people have given up on
bothering with fedora-devel. I am not sure what people like you see in
being constantly negative.

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.