rawhide and LDAP

Braden McDaniel braden at endoframe.com
Wed Feb 9 17:31:21 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-02-09 at 14:36 +0100, Jan Vcelak wrote:
> On Wednesday 09 February 2011 06:10:25, Braden McDaniel wrote:
> > Something in a recent round of updates seems to have hosed use of
> > LDAP-based user accounts for my rawhide installation.  (My LDAP server
> > is on a different machine; the rawhide one just doesn't seem to be able
> > to use it.)
>
> Hi Braden,
>
> please, can you be more specific? Which versions of openldap-servers,
> openldap-clients, pam_ldap, nss_ldap, etc. do you have installed?

openldap-servers, pam_ldap, and nss_ldap are not installed on the
rawhide machine.  openldap-clients is version 2.4.23-8.fc15.

The server is running Fedora 14.  It has:

openldap-servers: 2.4.23-4.fc14
openldap-clients: 2.4.23-4.fc14
pam_ldap:         185-5.fc14
nss_ldap:         265-6.fc14

> Are you using SSL/TLS?

No.

> Is ldapsearch on your rawhide machine working?

It is.  What's not working is logging in as a user other than root.  I
can't even su to a user other than root.

I am using Kerberos for user authentication; however, "kinit <user>"
works fine from the rawhide machine.

--
Braden McDaniel <braden at endoframe.com>