rawhide and LDAP

Stephen Gallagher sgallagh at redhat.com
Thu Feb 10 13:18:33 UTC 2011

On 02/09/2011 12:31 PM, Braden McDaniel wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-02-09 at 14:36 +0100, Jan Vcelak wrote:
>> On Wednesday 09 February 2011 06:10:25, Braden McDaniel wrote:
>>> Something in a recent round of updates seems to have hosed use of
>>> LDAP-based user accounts for my rawhide installation.  (My LDAP server
>>> is on a different machine; the rawhide one just doesn't seem to be able
>>> to use it.)
>>
>> Hi Braden,
>>
>> please, can you be more specific? Which versions of openldap-servers,
>> openldap-clients, pam_ldap, nss_ldap, etc. do you have installed?
>
> openldap-servers, pam_ldap, and nss_ldap are not installed on the
> rawhide machine.  openldap-clients is version 2.4.23-8.fc15.
>
> The server is running Fedora 14.  It has:
>
> openldap-servers: 2.4.23-4.fc14
> openldap-clients: 2.4.23-4.fc14
> pam_ldap:         185-5.fc14
> nss_ldap:         265-6.fc14
>
>> Are you using SSL/TLS?
>
> No.
>
>> Is ldapsearch on your rawhide machine working?
>
> It is.  What's not working is logging in as a user other than root.  I
> can't even su to a user other than root.
>
> I am using Kerberos for user authentication; however, "kinit <user>"
> works fine from the rawhide machine.

I suspect you are using SSSD to handle LDAP logins. This was broken in
rawhide yesterday because I pushed a new version of libldb that
apparently broke ABI without an SO bump. I have subsequently reverted
this change. Please downgrade to libldb-0.9.10-25.fc15 and SSSD will
work again.

- --
Stephen Gallagher
RHCE 804006346421761