Mock fails when /var/cache/mock is bind-mounted.

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Sun Feb 13 17:09:38 UTC 2011

On 02/13/2011 07:00 PM, Björn Persson wrote:
> Is there any particular reason why Mock can't work when /var/cache/mock is
> bind-mounted?
>
> I have a relatively small flash drive for the root filesystem and a big disk
> mounted on /disk/data. To avoid filling the flash drive I bind-mounted
> /disk/data/mock on /var/cache/mock. When I run "fedpkg mockbuild", Mock fails
> because /var/cache/mock/fedora-rawhide-x86_64/yum_cache doesn't exist.

I have a similar setup as yours plus I bind-mount /var/lib/mock too, and
it has always worked fine for me (current mock git, F-14).  I have never
tried "fedpkg mockbuild", but I do use plain mock for building quite a bit.

Have you tried plain mock --rebuild /path/to/something.src.rpm?  Does
mock --verbose output anything interesting?