JS ABI breakage update coming

Christopher Aillon caillon at redhat.com
Mon Feb 14 04:44:56 UTC 2011

On 02/13/2011 08:35 PM, Braden McDaniel wrote:
> On Sun, 2011-02-13 at 20:23 -0800, Christopher Aillon wrote:
>> On 02/13/2011 12:32 PM, Braden McDaniel wrote:
>>> Isn't there yet more breakage coming, as well?
>>>
>>>           https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/mozilla.dev.tech.js-engine/5uQ9oIPyio4
>>>
>>> Perhaps we should just wait for this?
>>>

>> Those patches already landed in tracemonkey on Wednesday and
>> mozilla-central on Friday.
>
> Okay... I'm not sufficiently well versed in Mozilla development
> terminology to know whether that means that it'll be in the next
> XULRunner prerelease package in rawhide; but I think I can gather from
> the context of your statement that it does mean that.

Should be, but that's somewhat irrelevant, actually.  Pavel is talking
about the standalone spidermonkey package named 'js'.
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/acls/name/js

It's been stuck on JS 1.7 (which translates to the JS engine in Firefox
2!) for a long while, and I asked him to update it to something more modern.