NetworkManager doesn't start on boot

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Feb 16 06:14:22 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-02-08 at 18:50 +0100, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> On Tue, 08.02.11 10:39, Braden McDaniel (braden at endoframe.com) wrote:
>
> > > Try enabling it via "systemctl enable NetworkManager.service"
> > >
> > > Not sure what went wrong here, but normally this fragment in
> > > Networkmanager.spec should ensure that the systemd service gets enabled
> > > on upgrades from sysv versions:
> > >
> > > %triggerin -- NetworkManager < 1:0.8.1-5
> > > if /sbin/chkconfig NetworkManager ; then
> > >         /bin/systemctl enable NetworkManager.service >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
> > > fi
> > >
> > > or is this a fresh install? if so, I am not entirely sure whose job it
> > > is to enable NM initially after install. Dan?
> >
> > I installed F14 from DVD and immediately did a yum upgrade to rawhide.
>
> That's weird then. I am not sure how this could fail...

Are the deps set up so that we can be sure systemctl is actually enabled
when NetworkManager gets updated? i.e. does NM have a Requires(post):
systemctl (or whatever the package is called)? If not, the script might
well fail because systemctl isn't there.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey