GitHub Hosted upstream 'Source0'

Stanislav Ochotnicky sochotnicky at redhat.com
Wed Feb 16 14:47:47 UTC 2011

On 02/16/2011 03:36 PM, Matej Cepl wrote:
> Dne 16.2.2011 11:06, Stanislav Ochotnicky napsal(a):
>>> Which basically takes the tag name and creates a nice tarball from it.
>>
>> Although I should pipe it through gzip/bzip2 :-/
>
> And you really don't resolve the issue with unstable MD5 checksum.

Why would that be? I am creating the tarball from the same git tag. Yes
I am using tag name, so theoretically if upstream is ugly enough to
overwrite their tags with different contents, this will be a problem.
But normally I can re-create the tarball using "git archive" and the md5
checksum will stay the same. Can you tell me how exactly this won't work?

--
Stanislav Ochotnicky <sochotnicky at redhat.com>

PGP: 7B087241