Procedure to push a package causing broken deps to f15?

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Wed Feb 16 16:50:06 UTC 2011

On 02/16/2011 05:07 PM, Marcela Maslanova wrote:

> [...]
Uncooked future ... irrelevant at this point in time.

>> That said, I would propose to immediately push package updates for f15
>> to testing (spares ca. 24 hours of delay) and to reduce the
>> "testing->stable" push delay to 24 hours or less.

> I suppose this was already denied by FESCo,
Well, provided the long history of "arguable" decisions of FESCo, this
would not surprize me.

May-be your FESCo collegues should be delegated to ironing out the
current perl mess to learn why the current practice is not helpful?

  but I could be wrong.
> We were definitely speaking about shorter periods in testing, but the
> period looked to short and updates probably won't be tested at all.
ROTFL ... How many vote do your perl-package updates normally receive?

95%-99% of mine don't receive any. I.e. probably all testing they saw
was preformed by me (the maintainer).

Ralf