installation of my own rpm in a Fedora without internet

Domingo Becker domingobecker at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 14:44:48 UTC 2011

I was in a situation a couple of days ago, in which I was setting up
some Fedora 14 desktops and I tried to install my software from rpms
in an usb stick.

For some external reason, the internet connection was down, and after
installing F14, setting up the appropriate firewall rules and selinux
booleans and file contexts, I tried to install my software from the
rpms and it failed because it couldn't get information about the
Fedora repo.

I think that a just installed Fedora box should have the ability to
install software from an usb stick without the need of an internet
connection.

Think about a computer with F14 for managing something in a place
without internet connection (I have several cases like this).

Is there a way to do this?

kind regards

Domingo Becker