New celt build broke jack-audio-connection-kit...

Orcan Ogetbil oget.fedora at gmail.com
Sun Feb 20 02:13:51 UTC 2011

On Sat, Feb 19, 2011 at 7:32 PM, Gregory Maxwell wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 19, 2011 at 6:56 PM, Michael S wrote:

>>> I was working on it. Next time, please send an email to the actual
>>> package maintainers beforehand so we don't duplicate the work.
>>
>> The %changelog mentions two rebuild attempts of JACK (not by you) four
>> days ago and no activity later than. I didn't expect anybody to work
>> on a fix for several days, so after having waited three days for a
>> fixed build to appear, I discovered this thread, and the risk of
>> duplicating a little bit of work was very small.
>

> Did any of you actually try it?
>
> From looking at the changes to jack and how libcelt is built, this
> couldn't possibly work.

I didn't try Michael's fix myself since I don't have a rawhide box
with real audio hardware.

But looking at the celt code, specifically to the implementations of
celt_decoder_create() and celt_decoder_create_custom() , I don't think
Michael did it wrong.

Am I missing something? Why shouldn't it work?

Orcan