New celt build broke jack-audio-connection-kit...

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Sun Feb 20 12:27:40 UTC 2011

On Sat, 19 Feb 2011 21:57:20 -0500, Gregory wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 19, 2011 at 9:13 PM, Orcan Ogetbil wrote:
> > I didn't try Michael's fix myself since I don't have a rawhide box
> > with real audio hardware.
> >
> > But looking at the celt code, specifically to the implementations of
> > celt_decoder_create() and celt_decoder_create_custom() , I don't think
> > Michael did it wrong.
> >
> > Am I missing something? Why shouldn't it work?
>
> Two reasons, the libcelt package is not compiled with
> --enable-custom-modes, so it will not support anything but the frame
> sizes of 120,240,480, and 960 at 48kHz and no other.  The netjack
> functionality matches the CELT mode to the jack period which must be a
> power of two (64,128,256,512,1024) as using another size would add
> additional delay.  As the 0.11 package is compiled it can not be used
> for netjack.

Which only adds to the fact that this CELT upgrade should not have been
published in Fedora like this. Still, broken run-time and broken buildroot
creation are two separate issues.

http://bugz.fedoraproject.org/celt   is empty.

> The second issue is that the celt-0.8 patch included in the SRPM is
> incorrect— for some unimaginable reason it provides NULL to the
> frame-size parameter, at first I assumed that this never could have
> worked,

That patch is not new, I've just added jack-1.9.6-celt011.patch which
touches two lines.

> If someone can get the libcelt package in fedora compiled with
> --enable-custom-modes I can provide revised and tested patches for
> jack.  I'm clueless about the fedora packaging process— but as one of
> the libcelt authors and a netjack user I know this software rather
> well and I'm perfectly comfortable hacking on it.

Would you like to join the Fedora Project and get access to the packages
yourself? It certainly sounds like you could increase the quality of
the packages you've commented on - even if you used your Fedora Account
primarly to 'watchcommits' and 'watchbugzilla' as a co-maintainer but
with the permission to jump in when necessary. I've added the current
celt packager in Cc.