rawhide report: 20110219 changes - requires perl(Gtk2::

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Mon Feb 21 10:58:16 UTC 2011

On 02/21/2011 11:39 AM, Panu Matilainen wrote:
> On 02/21/2011 11:47 AM, Remi Collet wrote:
>> Le 21/02/2011 10:36, Panu Matilainen a écrit :
>>> A more likely candidate for new dependencies appearing is that rpm now
>>> collects dependencies from perl's "use base qw" syntax, which older
>>> versions did not.
>>
>> So ? Should we fill a bug against perl-Gtk2 to Provides all usable class
>> provided by Gtk2.so and not detected by RPM ? (a very long list which
>> could probably be generated from *.pod or or man3/*)
>
> Well, I dont know. Short term, if the use-base requires are causing more
> trouble than good,
I disagree - These are a significant improvement ...

> there's always the option of just reverting the patch.
... except that the time they were introduced into Fedora was poorly chosen.

Now it's too late too revert this change, because it would cause further
  troubles.

In short: The current problems are a temporary churn which could easily
be fixed (most of them already are fixed!) if QA would finally stop
taking Fedora 15's packages hostage.

Ralf