KDE-SIG meeting report (08/2011)

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Tue Feb 22 18:19:21 UTC 2011

This is a report of the weekly KDE-SIG-Meeting with a summary of the
topics that were discussed. If you want to add a comment please reply
  to this email or add it to the related meeting page.

= Weekly KDE Summary =

Week: 08/2011

Time: 2011-02-22 15:00 UTC

Meeting page: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/KDE/Meetings/2011-02-22

Meeting minutes: http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2011-02-22/kde-
sig.2011-02-22-15.01.html

Meeting log: http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2011-02-22/kde-
sig.2011-02-22-15.01.log.html

= Participants =
* Kevin Kofler
* Jaroslav Reznik
* Lukas Tinkl
* Rex Dieter
* Than Ngo
* Radek Novacek

= Agenda =
topics to discuss:
* F15 alpha rc1 out
** Desktop Validation tests
* Live image tweaks for Beta
** (Re)add new packages to our spin (kickstart)

= Summary =
F15 alpha rc1 out
* jreznik is running Desktop Validation tests [1]
* current spins size is evil 666 MiB for 64 bit, 667 MiB for 32 bit
** we don't want to touch it before Alpha Gold
* Plasma logout crasher would be nice to have but it's not a blocker and 4.6.1
will be tagged this week (Thu 24)

Live image tweaks for Beta
* we have some free space on live CD
** 2 sets of "nice to have" packages
*** stuff that's explicitly dropped from the CD: amarok, digikam, ktorrent
*** new stuff that can be added: kamoso (once it passes review), krusader, ???
** Amarok and Digikam are preferred apps
*** but we are not sure we will have space for both (Digikam pulls Marble with
big datasets)
* AGREED: on priority being: 1. Amarok, 2. Digikam if it fits, 3. ktorrent, 4.
other stuff
** discuss the "other stuff" once we agreed on the highest priority items
* ACTION: Kevin_Kofler to do kickstart tweaks
* krusader for 1G image as it duplicates Dolphin functionality
* kamoso as optional for F15, default for F16
** it's still alpha, we need more testing but we'd like to have it one day

UPnP
* jreznik is trying to package UPnP stack
** qtsoap bundled in herqq, dependency for kio-upnp-ms

= Next Meeting =
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/KDE/Meetings/2011-03-01

= Links =
[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Current_Desktop_Test