Plans for BTRFS in Fedora

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Tue Feb 22 20:00:44 UTC 2011

On Tue, 22 Feb 2011 14:51:50 -0500
Josef Bacik <josef at toxicpanda.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> So we're getting close to having a working fsck tool so I wanted to
> take the opportunity to talk about the future of BTRFS in Fedora.
...snip...

> 1) GRUB support.  Edward Shishkin did GRUB1 patches for BTRFS a while
> ago, but they were obviously never merged upstream and were also not
> included into fedora.  These would either need to be cleaned up and
> put into our grub package, or we'd need to put /boot on a different
> filesystem.  I personally hate the idea of having a non-btrfs /boot
> partition but I'm not the one in charge of GRUB.

Perhaps if we are going to the pain of getting btrfs patches working
and stable, we could just look at moving to grub2?

...snip...

> So what are your thoughts?  Thanks,

Sounds good. I'd suggest filing a feature page already and getting it
setup with all the status, etc. That can be a central point for
coordinating that effort.

> Josef

kevin