state of systemd in Fedora and services pledge

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 15:04:39 UTC 2011

On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 01:30:52AM +0100, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> On Tue, 22.02.11 12:19, Toshio Kuratomi (a.badger at gmail.com) wrote:
>
> > 2011/2/22 Michał Piotrowski <mkkp4x4 at gmail.com>:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I wonder what is the actual state of Fedora systemd integration? I
> > > hope that there is more systemd native services than listed on
> > > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Johannbg/QA/Systemd/compatability
> > >
> > > Currently I have quite a lot of work, but I make a systemd services
> > > pledge - I'll write three services per week if 10 other people do the
> > > same
> > > http://www.pledgebank.com/systemdservices
> > >
> > uh... How are you creating the spec file?  In testing, I've yet to get
> > a specfile that performs as expected.  I'd be happy if you could take
> > a look at the proposed guidelines and figure out if this is a
> > guidelines bug, a systemd bug, a testing bug, or a bug in the packages
> > that I'm testing with.
>
> Did you actually check if you had at least chkconfig 1.3.50-1 installed
> when you tested this, as I wrote in the FPC bug?
>
> Also, Michał's work is about adding systemd unit files, not about adding
> SysV init scripts, because those already exist...

Okay, I've tried all sorts of different wording to get you to understand
what is being tested.  I'll try one more before giving up:

Are you proposing that system V init scripts be banned for F15 and that we
do not allow upgrades from F14 to F15, only new installs?

If you aren't proposing that, then testing that we can successfully upgrade
from a systemVinit script using package to a systemd unit file using package
is a test that needs to pass.

-Toshio