state of systemd in Fedora and services pledge

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 16:34:00 UTC 2011

On 02/23/2011 03:04 PM, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> Are you proposing that system V init scripts be banned for F15 and that we
> do not allow upgrades from F14 to F15, only new installs?

The backwards compatibility code would never have been added if that had
ever been the intention now would it :)

> If you aren't proposing that, then testing that we can successfully upgrade
> from a systemVinit script using package to a systemd unit file using package
> is a test that needs to pass.

First could you be a bit more specific what exactly is the problem so we
can test for that when we host systemd test day if I'm getting you right
what you are describing might fall under release blocker...

As I get it we have a package with $oldversion with the traditional init
script now there is an update/upgrade that contains a $new-version with
systemd native service files and that update/upgrade is failing somehow?

As Lennart mentioned have you tried chkconfig 1.3.50-1 [1] it contains
few patches from him amongst [2]...

systemd "compatibility" was only added to chkconfig couple of days ago
up to that point systemd and chkconfig did not compute each other :)

1. http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=229902
2.
http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=chkconfig.git;a=commit;h=fbe103ec4b79a0952e1fd9a7ce69d19acc80d4a9

JBG