Plans for BTRFS in Fedora

Peter Jones pjones at redhat.com
Wed Feb 23 17:21:47 UTC 2011

On 02/23/2011 11:41 AM, Jon Masters wrote:

> Again, I feel the solution is to have a Fedora architect whose role is
> to realize the problems caused by seemingly isolated changes, and stop
> them from propagating.

Fedora historically relies on an "open source" model for this - there
are a lot of smart people working on Fedora, and we depend on each and
every one of them to realize the problems caused by seemingly isolated
changes. With that in mind, I'm wondering if you have any input as to
what problems there might be with the change in question.

> You don't just replace years of UNIX (or Linux) history/heritage
> overnight without bothering a chunk of the users.

This is something what we've historically been willing to do in Linux,
and so far we've had pretty good results.

--
        Peter

RFC 882 put the dots in .com.