state of systemd in Fedora and services pledge

Lennart Poettering mzerqung at 0pointer.de
Wed Feb 23 18:39:15 UTC 2011

On Wed, 23.02.11 09:56, Toshio Kuratomi (a.badger at gmail.com) wrote:

> > systemd "compatibility" was only added to chkconfig couple of days ago
> > up to that point systemd and chkconfig did not compute each other :)
> >
> > 1. http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=229902
> > 2.
> > http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=chkconfig.git;a=commit;h=fbe103ec4b79a0952e1fd9a7ce69d19acc80d4a9
> >
> Looking at that patch it looks like all it does is have chkconfig forward
> a request on to systemd if the package included systemd unit files.  If it
> does more than that please let me know as that would mean that we'd need to
> test upgrading from F14 to F15 separately from upgrading a sysv initscript
> using package to a systemd unit file package on F15.

That patch adds the glue to forward 'chkconfig on' and friends to
'systemctl enable' if necessary (and it also adds a daemon reload when
changes are made to /etc/rc.d) The reverse glue (i.e. forward 'systemctl
enable' to 'chkconfig on' where necessary) has been in systemd for much
longer.

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.