Minutes/Summary from today's FESCo meeting (2011-02-23)

Lennart Poettering mzerqung at 0pointer.de
Wed Feb 23 19:02:48 UTC 2011

On Wed, 23.02.11 11:53, Kevin Fenzi (kevin at scrye.com) wrote:

> * #544 List of services that may start by default  (nirik, 17:42:35)
>   * LINK: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Kevin/DefaultServices
>     (nirik, 17:43:18)
>   * LINK: https://fedorahosted.org/fpc/ticket/60   (nirik, 17:44:27)
>   * ACTION: nirik will ask for feedback on the proposed policy on devel
>     list, will gather info and revisit next week.  (nirik, 17:59:04)

This list does not mention bus services at all. Traditionally they
weren't really that visible and if they were bus activatable they were
always enabled with no way to disable them. With the advent of systemd
we now ideally make them visible in the list of active services like any
other service.

Traditionally bus activated services were enabled by default. I think
this kinda made sense, so I don't think this new policy should now force
the maintainers of udisks, pk, CK, upower and so on to disable their
services by default. That would be backwards.

And yupp we have more bus services on a default fedora install than
non-bus services.

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.