Plans for BTRFS in Fedora

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Wed Feb 23 19:38:05 UTC 2011

Once upon a time, Matthew Garrett <mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org> said:
> LVM is functional for enterprise environments but awful for the common
> home or office cases.

Define "awful".  I make use of it all the time on home and office
desktops and even my notebook computer.  It makes it easy to reassign
disk space from purpose A to purpose B (it would be easier if there was
a way to shrink a mounted ext3/ext4 FS, but that's a hard problem).
Logical volumes for virtual machines perform better (and virtualization
is something becoming more common on the desktop for compatibility).

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>