fail to install gcc on fresh rawhide-from-F15

Jim Meyering jim at meyering.net
Wed Feb 23 22:05:50 UTC 2011

Andreas Schwab wrote:
> Jim Meyering <jim at meyering.net> writes:
>
>> ---> Package glibc.x86_64 0:2.8.90-11 will be a downgrade
>
> Where did you get that ANCIENT package?  It's almost 3 years(!) old.

I have *no* idea.
As I said, I installed F15 (into existing partitions,
but told anaconda to format /, /var and /usr -- perhaps something
went wrong there? -- but even the, the preceding system to use
those partitions was running rawhide, and the box itself is barely
two years old) and then upgraded to rawhide.