dist-git branch change update

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Feb 23 22:51:22 UTC 2011

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Dist_Git_Branch_Proposal

Current status is that I've got a staging environment setup
(pkgs01.stg.fedoraproject.org) that has a snapshot of the repos from a
few days ago and the branches have been renamed.  I also have a set of
fedora-packager (fedpkg) updates in testing or soon to be in testing
(fedora-packager-0.5.6.0-1) that should work with repositories that have
branches in the old style (f??/master) or the new style (f??).

I want people to test these fedpkg builds against the current server to
make sure I haven't broken anything, and if interested I can provide you
a small patch that will allow you to test against the stg server with
the renamed branches.

I need to work on some local migration scripts that people can run to
fix up local clones.

So please test and let me know of any problems you find.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!