systemd fail-to-boot in rawhide

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 09:46:32 UTC 2011

On 02/24/2011 01:43 AM, Ray Strode wrote:
> Yea, fsck integration is something i've wanted to add to plymouth for
> a long time.

Yeah I might say it's rather needed....

The novice end user behaviour I saw when fsck was running in the
background was *interesting* but not *surprising*..

The novice end user waited for a little over what normally took him to
reach GDM then he pressed the reboot button, then he repeated the same
behaviour about 3 - 5 times depending on that particular user patience
then he started to power off/on until he finally gave up and called for
help..

I think poor fsck have never suffer as much as then and all it wanted to
do was to do the job it was program for, check the consistency of a file
system for his overlord the end user.

So please Ray please save fsck from the abuse of the novice end users
all it wants to do is to perform the task it is programmed for
*uninterrupted*. . .

he he =)

JBG