state of systemd in Fedora and services pledge

Marcela Mašláňová mmaslano at redhat.com
Thu Feb 24 14:42:12 UTC 2011

On 02/23/2011 10:08 PM, Michał Piotrowski wrote:
> W dniu 23 lutego 2011 21:48 użytkownik Tomasz Torcz
> <tomek at pipebreaker.pl> napisał:
>> On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 08:40:01PM +0100, Michał Piotrowski wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I wonder what is the actual state of Fedora systemd integration? I
>>> hope that there is more systemd native services than listed on
>>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Johannbg/QA/Systemd/compatability

This link contains at least in my case incorrect unit files, which were
not applied. I received duplicates of bugs on my daemons. Proposed
patches in these bugzillas were wrong or incomplete.
There should be at least fixed links on web-page to point to
current/correct version of unit files.

See:
at: #656869, #617320
cronie: #656864, #617324

>>  I have written handful of service definitions for packages listed there,
>> filling bugs in bugzilla afterwards.  Not a single maintainer responded :(
>
> I hope that developers of these packages will wake up soon :)
Guidelines for packaging are still only a draft and developers are
receiving misleading patches. You can't be surprised that people who own
complicated packages are not willing to simply accept your patches or
start their own units.

> It is possible that the problem described by Toshio Kuratomi has some
> connection with this. But OTOH a few of the services that I have
> written was accepted by maintainers
>

>>  OTOH, one upstream accepted unit definition and will ship with next version.
>>
>> --
>> Tomasz Torcz            There exists no separation between gods and men:
>> xmpp: zdzichubg at chrome.pl   one blends softly casual into the other.
>>
>> --

Marcela Mašláňová
BaseOS team Brno