Services that can start by default policy feedback

Colin Walters walters at verbum.org
Thu Feb 24 17:12:07 UTC 2011

On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 12:06 PM, Garrett Holmstrom
<gholms at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> So whether or not a given package will be enabled by default after I
> tell yum to install it depends on which spin, if any, that I initially
> installed my system with?  Why should the initial package set that my
> system came up with have any effect at all on what happens when I
> install something new?

No.  In my proposal above (which I'm not really going to spend more
effort debating since we have bigger issues and the current FESCo
consensus of basically documenting is better than nothing) the
services are enabled in the kickstart - *no* service is enabled by
default after installing via yum later with 100% consistency.  If you
want it on you use chkconfig.