Services that can start by default policy feedback

Casey Dahlin cdahlin at redhat.com
Thu Feb 24 20:59:59 UTC 2011

On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 03:51:37PM -0500, Genes MailLists wrote:
> On 02/24/2011 01:32 PM, Matthew Garrett wrote:
>
> > There are no essential services, which means any proposal that contains
> > the phrase "non-essential services" is already unimplementable.
> >

>   HID services (keyboard/mouse) might be nice  ... :-) :-)

Not if you have a headless server. Also I don't think its absolutely
necessary to have a service running to use the keyboard.

There's no real usecases that want _no_ services running, and there's
probably very few within Fedora proper that don't want things like udev
(and then they're probably doing so much to the base install anyway that
a bit of service reconfiguration is nothing), but technically Matthew is
correct.

--CJD