Plans for BTRFS in Fedora

Matěj Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Fri Feb 25 08:54:09 UTC 2011

Dne 24.2.2011 20:54, Ric Wheeler napsal(a):
> Can we have pointers to these crashes or BZ reports please? As Josef has
> noted, btrfs has been quite stable in our testing and we are certainly
> going to pursue any reports.

Will do ... I am hesitant to do so, because so many of my previous bug
reports didn't make much difference, and given fsck core dumping (for
the last three years), it seems to me that BTRFS is just nothing I would
take seriously. Yet.

> Just to answer your last question,  we do not intend to "slow it down".
> Rather, we hope to speed it up considerably by adding developers,
> testing and users :)

I meant obviously slowing down accepting BTRFS as default filesystem for
Fedora and throwing away LVM from default, not development of BTRFS itself.

Matěj