F15 Alpha impressions

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.net
Sun Feb 27 14:55:09 UTC 2011

Fonts or whatever don't seem to be as nice or full looking as other
releases (F14 or below).

When in a program (Evolution for example), it seems this is the only one
I see in the task window/panel or whatever up top.  I can't tell Firefox
or anything is running, unleses I click on the Activities link or
control tab.

When adding a background image, that little plus/negative sign at the
bottom isn't too inviting to use.  Had to look at that program couple
times to understand/see them at the bottom.  Could be couple bigger
buttons or something.

How the hell do you add something to be started up when your profile
starts?  Such as devilspie or whatever?  I used to add this to startup
programs.

I used to be able to hover my mouse over the time and at least it would
tell me the date instead of having to click on it just to see it.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"The best town on Earth!"