Services that can start by default policy feedback

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Sun Feb 27 19:33:24 UTC 2011

On Thu, 24 Feb 2011 12:23:59 +0000
"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" <johannbg at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is it possible to get the rationality behind why those services which
> are permitted to be enabled by default as specific exceptions are
> granted that exception.

Well, I think the rationale was "these are basic services that are
required to bring the machine up into a gui and allow a user to login
and be able to apply updates, etc"

At least that was my thought.

I wonder now if we couldn't use the critical path setup to define
these.

Ie, "If your package is not critical path, it should not start by
default. If it is, it _may_ start by default"

Just a thought.

kevin