F15 Alpha impressions -> To Gnome 3 or not to 3 - that is the question
lists at sapience.com
Mon Feb 28 14:02:42 UTC 2011
On 02/28/2011 01:46 AM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> These are all rather 'GNOME 3 impressions' than 'F15 Alpha impressions'.
> It's probably going to help more to raise them on GNOME mailing lists,
> or the Fedora desktop mailing list.
Mangled Billy Shakespeare aside ...
This is a very valid point - the trail of complaints are largely gnome
issues (design, bugs whatever)
What should we fedorans be discussing then ?
Perhaps we should discuss what DE path fedora should follow.
There are precious few choices.
(i) Continue to follow gnome 3 - for f15 or delay to f16
* The future - get with it
* Too soon, too many missing features, buggy etc
* Too late - we're too far along - we have to stick w it.
(ii) Switch the primary DE to kde
(iii) Stick with gnome 2 (classic) until f16 - then ...
F16 and beyond:
(i) Gnome 3
* It has all the missing features perhaps, and is far less buggy
(ii) Gnome 2
* probably no longer an option
* probably not till F17 or F18 at the earliest
More information about the devel