Package-specific test case and critical path test case project: drafts for review

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Mon Jan 3 15:58:43 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2010-12-23 at 14:35 +-0000, Adam Williamson wrote:
+AD4 On Tue, 2010-12-21 at 17:11 +-0000, Adam Williamson wrote:
+AD4 +AD4 Hi, everyone. So, in the recent debate about the update process it again
+AD4 +AD4 became clear that we were lacking a good process for providing
+AD4 +AD4 package-specific test instructions, and particularly specific
+AD4 +AD4 instructions for testing critical path functions.
+AD4 +AD4
+AD4 +AD4 I've been working on a process for this, and now have two draft Wiki
+AD4 +AD4 pages up for review which together describe it:
+AD4 +AD4
+AD4 +AD4 https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Adamwill/Draft+AF8-QA+AF8-SOP+AF8-test+AF8-case+AF8-creation
+AD4 +AD4 https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Adamwill/Draft+AF8-QA+AF8-SOP+AF8-package+AF8-test+AF8-plan+AF8-creation
+AD4
+AD4 I've now converted one package's set of test cases to the proposed new
+AD4 system to serve as an illustration. I used the Radeon driver,
+AD4 xorg-x11-drv-ati . This was a good example as there's a lot of them, and
+AD4 they split neatly into critpath, core and extended to illustrate the
+AD4 optional advanced categorization system.
+AD4
+AD4 So, see:
+AD4
+AD4 https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:Package+AF8-xorg-x11-drv-ati+AF8-test+AF8-cases
+AD4
+AD4 and note that one of the test cases is also in:
+AD4
+AD4 https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:Critical+AF8-path+AF8-test+AF8-cases

Nice examples, this really helps to visualize the proposed changes.

So if I were acting as f-e-k or bodhi, I would combine the two lists of
cases to show the xorg-x11-drv-ati critpath tests...

      +ACo QA:Testcase radeon basic

Did I do that correctly?

+AD4 you can also see at https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:Test+AF8-Cases
+AD4 how this tracks back to that overall category - no test cases are in it
+AD4 directly, it's all hierarchical.

+AD4 +AFsAWw-Category:Test+AF8-Cases+AHw-X+AF0AXQ

I did a minor tweak so that it would show up under 'X' (for xorg-x11...)
rather than 'P' (for Package+AF8-xorg-x11...).

+AD4 thanks+ACE I'm planning to work on a mockup for the f-e-k and bodhi
+AD4 integration this afternoon to show how we envision this all being used
+AD4 to kick ass, I think that'll make it clearer.

Thanks,
James