New contributed package available for review: ax_emergency_listen

Guido Trentalancia iz6rdb at trentalancia.com
Mon Jan 3 19:08:34 UTC 2011

Hello everybody,

I would like to contribute a small package that I wrote for inclusion in
the Fedora distribution.

It falls under Applications/Communications and it is a small utility
which can be used to monitor for emergency packets in an APRS network.
APRS (Automatic Packet Reporting System) is an amateur radio based
digital communication system for real-time exchange of digital
information to users on the network.

The name of the package is ax_emergency_listen and I have made available
version 1.3.2. It is a command-line utility and it can execute commands
upon receiving emergency packets on APRS (so, for example, it can send
out email or SMS alerts).

The package contains a manual page, it supports building using autoconf
and automake and it just needs to be reviewed.

I think I might need a so-called sponsor before the package can be
included in Fedora.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Guido Trentalancia