F14 OOo deltarpms not being generated on releng2

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Mon Jan 3 22:03:54 UTC 2011

On Sat, 4 Dec 2010 15:58:26 -0700
Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 04 Dec 2010 20:50:11 +0200
> Jonathan Dieter <jdieter at lesbg.com> wrote:
>
> ...snip...
>
> > As far as I can see, this only affected the openoffice.org* and
> > autocorr* packages in the 101202 push, and the rest of the packages
> > in the push had all the proper deltarpms generated.
> >
> > I'm not sure where to go from here.  Any ideas on how to track this
> > down?
>
> FYI, I talked with Jonathan on irc and we added some debugging to the
> deltarpms/createrepo code. Hopefully that will show us more where the
> issue is so we can solve it.

Just an update on this issue.

we added in debugging and finally tracked down the issue to a
createrepo bug. It was looking for anything ending in 'rpm' when
updating from an old repo, but '.drpm' ends that way, so sometimes it
was picking up the old drpms instead of the old rpm and failing to
generate a new drpm. ;)

We have a fixed createrepo installed now, so hopefully from here on out
you will get deltas on everything that can generate them. ;)

kevin